By using this website, you agree to the terms of this privacy statement.
When you apply for or request specific Smith & Nephew services (such as subscriptions to email and newsletters) we will collect personal identifiable information related to the purpose and use of that service, which we will use to provide the services requested. This site is not intended for children under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from visitors to this site who are less than 18 years old. We encourage parents to talk with their children about the use of the internet and the information they disclose to websites.
We will never disclose your personal identifiable information to third parties for the purposes of allowing them to market to you.
Smith & Nephew operates globally, and this means we may transfer your personal identifiable information to other countries whose privacy laws may be different from those in the U.S. If you do not want your personal identifiable information transferred in this manner, please do not provide it to us on the website.
As you navigate through this website we will collect anonymous information about you and your activities during your visit. This is collected automatically. This information includes navigational data and web server logs, and may include (but is not limited to) information such as your IP address, the version of both your browser and operating system, and the URL of the website you just came from.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies we use are either "analytical" cookies, or “session” cookies. Analytical cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how you and other visitors move around the website. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Session cookies allow us to remember you if you have been asked to log in to all or part of our website.
Smith & Nephew PLC, registered office 15 Adam St, London, United Kingdom, WC2N 6LA, is a holding company and is not an operating company. Therefore, products and services are provided exclusively by subsidiaries and not by Smith & Nephew PLC. "Smith & Nephew" may refer to Smith & Nephew PLC itself or one or more of its subsidiaries.
With the exception of websites under our control, if this website is linked to from other websites, or if other websites are linked to from this website, Smith & Nephew does not endorse or have any responsibility for the content of such other websites, and Smith & Nephew shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from the content (or the use of your data) of any other website.
This privacy statement is subject to change, and Smith & Nephew will not proactively notify you of any such changes. It is your responsibility to ensure you visit this web page regularly to review any changes that may have been made since your previous visit.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Tennessee and any disputes subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States of America.
This statement was last updated on 15 May 2012.
Copyright © 2012 Smith & Nephew
Important Safety Information
People who use 3 or more tubes of REGRANEX® (becaplermin) Gel may have an increased risk of death from cancer.
- You should talk with your healthcare provider about the possible benefits and risks to you if you use more than 3 tubes of REGRANEX® Gel
- If you already have cancer, you and your healthcare provider should carefully consider whether you will use REGRANEX® Gel
REGRANEX® (becaplermin) Gel is a man-made protein medicine that is used with other ulcer care practices (such as good wound care) to treat diabetic sores (ulcers) of your legs or feet that are deeper than just your skin, in people who have good blood supply to the legs.
- It is not known if REGRANEX® Gel is effective for the treatment of pressure ulcers or ulcers that are due to poor blood flow (circulation)
- It is not known if REGRANEX® Gel is safe and effective in children under 16 years of age
Do not use REGRANEX® Gel if you have a skin tumor at the area where you apply the product.
Before you use REGRANEX® Gel, tell your healthcare provider if you:
- Have cancer
- Have poor blood flow to your legs and feet
- Have allergies to any of the ingredients in REGRANEX® Gel. See the Medication Guide for a complete list of ingredients
- Have any other medical conditions
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if REGRANEX® Gel will harm your unborn baby
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if REGRANEX® Gel passes into your breast milk
- Take any medicines (including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements). Especially tell your healthcare provider if you apply other medicines to diabetic ulcers of your legs or feet
If you decide to use REGRANEX® Gel, use the product exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to use it. This includes
following your healthcare provider's instructions about not putting weight on the affected leg and foot (non-weight bearing).
- REGRANEX® Gel is for use on skin ulcers only. Do not use REGRANEX® Gel in your mouth, eyes, or vagina
- See the Medication Guide for more information REGRANEX® Gel may cause serious side effects
- People who use 3 or more tubes of REGRANEX® Gel may have an increased risk of death from cancer
- Common side effects of REGRANEX® Gel include:
- — Red skin rash
- — Burning at the application site
- Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. These are not all the possible side effects of REGRANEX® Gel. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at www.fda.gov/medwatch or at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects to Smith & Nephew at 1-800-441-8227
Keep REGRANEX® Gel and all medicines out of the reach of children. Do not use REGRANEX® Gel for a condition for which it was not prescribed.
Do not give REGRANEX® Gel to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them.
Read the Medication Guide before you start using REGRANEX® Gel and each time you get a refill. This information does not take the place of talking to your healthcare provider about your medical condition or your treatment.